Thursday, August 17, 2006

Kindred Spirit

De ja vue doesn't describe the experience I had today. I met who I wanted to be in 30 years.

I heard it in her voice when I spoke to her on the phone.

I felt it the moment I drove up to her house, but I passed it off. She had a beautiful house built in a style I liked.

I resisted it when I walked into her house and loved everything I saw. I chided myself for admiring someone else's objects. I was here to see her, not her furniture. I closed my mental eye to the things around me, but I wanted to touch everything.

I knew when I saw her. I don't know how to explain the feeling I got... it was more of an understanding. I knew. I knew what? I don't know, but I understood that the essence of this person I was looking at, was at a level I hope I achieve. I tried to describe the meeting to a friend and he suggested the term kindred spirit.

Kindred Spirit? I feel presumptuous at thinking this about her.

This meeting made me unbelievably sad. For she won't be here much longer and I've only just met her. Is meeting her enough?

No comments: